Every local CDA court serves the need of their community through varying projects and activities. Besides reaching out to their local community, every CDA court supports State and National projects (most often this is done through a monetary donation). As you will read below, some of our courts projects raise funds so that we can donate money to these wonderful charities.
Here is a list of our current projects:
- Adopt a seminarian
- pray for a seminarian (make a holy hour if possible) and send him cards, money, gifts, but most of all send a note telling him how you are praying for him
- Birthday Club – call members on their birthday
- visit CDA sisters who are in the nursing homes
- Cookie and Candy walk – December
- the funds from this event enable our court to donate money to state and national charities
- Card parties
- encourages CDA members to grow together in friendship and invite friends to play pinochle, whist, and bridge
- door prizes are given
- Provide lunch for pre-marriage weekends
- Volunteers are needed to help serve lunch on the Saturdays of Pre-Marriage Weekends. Serving includes assisting with setting up the buffet and coffee and light clean up after the lunch. The time commitment is from 11:30am-1:30pm on the followin Saturdays of 2018: Jan. 20, Feb. 24, March 17, April 21, May 12, Sept 15, Nov. 17. Contact Regent Delores with any questions and to sign-up!
- provide cakes for St. Vincent’s Birthday parties
- Angel food cakes with no frosting are made/bought by court members to be served at the nursing home. Once a month, St. Vincent’s hosts a party to celebrate all the birthdays residents have each month.
- Serve meals at the Soup Kitchen once a month
- Volunteers are needed to help serve at the Ruth Meier’s Stone Soup Kitchen on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. The women who usually help will not be able to, so we need new volunteers! Please contact Delores at 701-221-2818 if you are able to help.
- Encourage students to participate in the CDA Education contest
- at one of our Spring meetings, our Education Chairperson presents the awards to the students
Our State project for 2015-2017 is the Badlands Choice Clinic.
The Badlands Choice Clinic is a non-profit organization. It’s goal is to empower women and families to make life-affirming pregnancy decisions through counsel, education, compassion, and the aid through the gospel of our Lord, Jesus Christ. The clinic will be located in Dickinson, ND. Proposed services offered will be pregnancy testing, community referral/networking, peer counseling, ultrasound service, abortion recovery support, parenting classes, breast feeding classes, and support incentive programs.
In the words of Jesus Christ, “What you do for the least of my brethren, you do unto me.”
Our five national projects are:
- SOAR! (Support Our Aging Religious)
- Smile Train
- Holy Cross Family Rosary
- Habitat for Humanity
- Laboure Society
Here is a list of some of the other charities our court has supported and/or continues to support:
- Home on the Range
- Bismarck Diocese Seminarians
- Real Presence Radio
- The National CDA Disaster Relief Fund
- FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students)
- 1903 Society (repair fund for our National Office)
Click HERE to see a list and description of all the projects and charities National CDA supports!