Every local CDA court serves the need of their community through varying projects and activities. Besides reaching out to their local community, every CDA court supports State and National projects (most often this is done through a monetary donation). As you will read below, some of our courts projects raise funds so that we can donate money to these wonderful charities.
Here is a list of our current projects:
- Adopt a seminarian
- pray for a seminarian (make a holy hour if possible) and send him cards, money, gifts, but most of all send a note telling him how you are praying for him
- Birthday Club – call members on their birthday
- visit CDA sisters who are in the nursing homes
- Cookie and Candy walk – December
- the funds from this event enable our court to donate money to state and national charities
- Card parties
- encourages CDA members to grow together in friendship and invite friends to play pinochle and whist
- door prizes are given
- Provide lunch for pre-marriage weekends
- Volunteers are needed to help serve lunch on the Saturdays of Pre-Marriage Weekends. Serving includes assisting with setting up the buffet and coffee and light clean up after the lunch. The time commitment is from 11:30am-1:30pm on the following Saturdays of 2019: March 16, April 13, May 11, June 22, September 21 and November 16. Contact Regent Delores with any questions and to sign-up!
- Provide cakes for St. Vincent’s Birthday parties
- Angel food cakes with no frosting are made/bought by court members to be served at the nursing home. Once a month, St. Vincent’s hosts a party to celebrate all the birthdays residents have each month.
- Serve meals at the Soup Kitchen once a month
- Volunteers are needed to help serve at the Ruth Meier’s Stone Soup Kitchen on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. The dates for 2019 are: March 13, April 10, May 8, June 12, July 10, August 14, and September 11. Time is from 11:15 am-12:45 pm. The women who usually help will not be able to, so we need new volunteers! Please contact Delores at 701-221-2818 if you are able to help.
- Encourage students to participate in the CDA Education contest
- at one of our Spring meetings, our Education Chairperson presents the awards to the students
- New service project Fall 2019. We will be donating new or gently used winter jackets, coats and clothing for adults and children to the Ministry on the Margins Ministry. Please bring your new or gently used winter clothing to the September meeting. Donations will be collected at the October meeting as well. If you are unable to bring your donation to the meetings or you have questions, please contact Regent Delores.
Our State project for 2017-2019 is St. Ann’s Catholic Mission.
St. Ann’s Catholic Mission, Belcourt, ND, is a Catholic parish serving the Matis Native American people of the Turtle Mountain Indian Reservation since 1885. They commit themselves in openness to the Holy Spirit to live and celebrate the Pascal Mystery as family ecclesial teams in oneness with their Native American brothers and sisters, to foster Christian family life serving in deepest areas of apostolic need; etc.
Our five national projects are:
- SOAR! (Support Our Aging Religious)
- Smile Train
- Holy Cross Family Rosary
- Habitat for Humanity
- Laboure Society
Here is a list of some of the other charities our court has supported and/or continues to support:
- Home on the Range
- Bismarck Diocese Seminarians
- Real Presence Radio
- The National CDA Disaster Relief Fund
- FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students)
- 1903 Society (repair fund for our National Office)
Click HERE to see a list and description of all the projects and charities National CDA supports!